iYouthPastor.com

Friday, February 02, 2007

Posting More to the Blog!

God is teaching me more and more each day and each week. I find that it is important for me to share what God is doing in my life & my ministry so that God can use that to encourage others. I got an email today from a man in Africa who is looking for 2 things. Youth Ministry magazines and resources that can help him and a Bible. Wow! How often do I take for granted that I have a Bible. I have Bibles around every corner. I have a Bible in my room, my car, downstairs, in my office, in the youth room where I minister. Here is someone who craves the Word of God because they do not have a Bible and I can access one anytime. The question that I ask is, "Since I have a Bible do I pursue reading it with the purpose of change?" I wonder how many times we read the Bible and it is to Finish. I have a good friend of mine name Jeremy Kingsley, who I hear him ever time he speaks somewhere say, "We don't read the Bible to Finish, we read the Bible to change!"

How have you viewed the Bible this week? Has it just be another study tool or have you sensed that by reading the Bible you are connecting to our Awesome Creator and Lord?

No comments: